Sunday, November 21, 2010

Is it possible to print from VB to a printer not installed?

Lets suppose that my computer has 3 printer installed, but I do not want to print to any of them, I want to print to a new one, but I do not want to install that printer in my computer, is that possible to print from a VB program to that specific non installed printer in my computer. If so, do you know how to do it ?



Thank youIs it possible to print from VB to a printer not installed?
i'm skeptical this would work but you could try directing output, something like:



type %26lt;file.txt%26gt; %26gt; \\%26lt;servername%26gt;\%26lt;printername%26gt;Is it possible to print from VB to a printer not installed?
err no and I don't think you can in VB - VB will only operate within the windows environment you can't write at device level in vb (like you can in other languages like C++)



You can install a non existant printer in the same way as pdf creators do

No comments:

Post a Comment