Thursday, October 21, 2010

How can I send a VB 2008 project to another developer?

A friend and I are working on different bits of what will end up as one VB 2008 application. When he sends me his solution to look at, I cannot load it as there are missing files and missing component errors when it starts up in VB2008 Express. It's as though he didn't ';wrap up'; all the files into one zip file and there's stuff missing. How do you send a solution for someone else to work on?How can I send a VB 2008 project to another developer?
There is really no way to automatically package up all the source files you need you need to do it manually. Be sure your have the solution file (.sln) and the directories for all the projects that are attached to it. There may also be third party libraries that your friend has that are not installed on your computer. When you open the solution file it will tell you what's missing you can use this information to track down what files you still need.How can I send a VB 2008 project to another developer?
make sure everything in the build directory is being copied, and you might even need to use the same directory structure, I don't use VB2008 that often. The files include more than just the form and .sln files.

No comments:

Post a Comment